Chanukah tells us of the miracle of the oil many years ago in a land far away. This Chanukah you can create your own miracle of the oil for people right here in our own community.
Cooking oil is one of the most requested grocery items by our food-insecure neighbors, and for those who celebrate Chanukah oil donations can be especially meaningful. Donations will go to the Interfaith Food Pantry of the Oranges which is an all-volunteer, collaborative effort of four faith-based congregations—including Temple Sharey Tefilo-Israel—and assisted by many other individuals. IFPO is a supplemental food pantry that helps to meet essential human needs of food-insecure residents of Orange and East Orange with dignity and respect.
Ways to help:
- Drop off unopened and unexpired plastic bottles of vegetable or canola oil (preferably 48oz).
- Drop off additional items to help our neighbors in need during the holiday season, including: stocking stuffers, snack-filled bags & holiday food. Click here for a full list.
- Make a donation (minimum of $18), and the IFPO will send a tribute card in honor of a person of your choice. Simply go to our donate page and select the “Miracle of Oil Drive” in the campaign drop-down menu.
Drop-Off Locations & Times:
- TSTI: Wed-Sun, 3pm-7pm, in outdoor collection bins (through Wed, Dec 15th)
- IFPO: Wed, Dec 15th (9am-12pm). Sat, Dec 18th (10am-12pm). Sun, Dec 19th (12pm-2pm). Tues, Dec 21st (9am-11am). (357 South Jefferson Street, Orange)