Temple Sharey Tefilo-Israel strives to ensure that our community is welcoming, inclusive and accessible by meeting the needs of all members and guests, from the very young to our seniors, in all aspects of our Temple’s programming. We were one of the first NJ synagogues to be recognized as an A.B.L.E. Awarded Congregation.
The following accommodations are currently available throughout TSTI to improve accessibility. Additional accommodations may be available upon request.
- Accessible water fountains
- Completely accessible restrooms
- Elevator, lifts or ramps to access various areas of building
- Courtesy seating for those with physical disabilities and for those with wheelchairs
- Large-print books/pamphlets, magnifying glasses, readers, or braille resources
- Assistive-listening devices
- Tallitot and Kippot are in a place that everyone can reach
- Wheelchair and wagon available in the coatroom
- If requested in advance, a sign-language interpreter can be provided when needed
- Access to a quiet space or room
- Sensory and fidget items for borrowing
- Clearly marked parking for individuals with disabilities
Our Inclusion Committee actively reviews our programs, policies and procedures to improve accessibility for all. Let us know how we can help you participate more fully in our community.
If you have questions or need an accommodation, please email Beth Blackman or Karen Patton.